“The mission of the RRMS community is to continually provide a vibrant and safe learning environment that promotes acceptance, compassion, and respect. We will inspire all students to love learning and to grow emotionally, socially, and intellectually. We strive to educate each student to his or her highest level of academic excellence, social responsibility, and cultural awareness.”
“La misión de la comunidad de la Secundaria Ron Russell es proporcionar continuamente un ambiente de aprendizaje vibrante y seguro que promueva la aceptación, la compasión y el respeto. Vamos a inspirar a todos los estudiantes a amar el aprendizaje y crecer emocionalmente, socialmente e intelectualmente. Nos esforzamos por educar a cada estudiante a su nivel más alto de excelencia académica, responsabilidad social y conciencia cultural.”
“Trường chúng tôi. Sứ mệnh của cộng đồng RRMS là tiếp tục tạo nên một môi trường học tập an toàn, tương kính, nhân hậu và công bằng. Chúng tôi sẽ dạy tất cả học sinh biết say mê học hỏi, phát triển cảm xúc, xã hội và nâng cao trí tuệ. Chúng tôi cố gắng mở mang trí thức cho mỗi một học sinh dù nam hay nữ tới trình độ cao nhất về nhận thức văn hoá, trách nhiệm xã hội và xuất sắc trong học tập.”
Dear Ron Russell Families,
Parent-Teacher Conferences: Thank you to the 511 families who attended Parent-Teacher Conferences! That is 59% of our families. The three advisories that had the highest percentage of attendance (Mr. McNett, Ms. Wells, and Ms. Bland) won a special breakfast last Wednesday. Spring Conferences are scheduled for February 28 and March 1, and I hope to see you all there.
Student Safety-Traffic: Please help me keep our children safe during drop-off and pick-up by following these traffic rules. Thank you.
- The lane in front of the school is for Buses Only from 7:50-8:30 Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays; 9:10-9:40 Wednesdays; and 2:30-3:15 everyday. I know it is hard to see, but it is painted in the pavement and has always been there. We have more buses than can fit in the lane, so we need all the space.
- I have created a drop-off and pick-up lane at the front of the school by taking parking away. This change occurred last week.
- Please do not do U-Turns on 112th Avenue.
- Please pull over to load and unload; do not stop in the middle of the street. Even if you turn your hazard lights on it is still illegal because it is not an emergency, it is unsafe for our kids, and it blocks traffic.
- If you are dropping your child off on the opposite side of the street, please tell them to walk down and use the crosswalk. It is extremely dangerous for them to run across the street.
Quarter 2 Progress Reports: It seems like December arrived quickly and is almost over already. The last day of school before Winter Break is Friday, December 15. It is an Early Release Day for Quarter 2 Progress Reports. This means that students are released at 11:20AM. Expect Progress Reports in the mail by January 6.
The first day back is Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
Best wishes to you over the Winter Break,
Thu Truong, Principal