October 27th, 2020
Dear Ron Russell Families,
November is right around the corner. The November school calendar is always tricky. Here are some upcoming events as you plan your November:
- November 1: Daylight Savings Time Ends, “Fall” back
- November 5: African American Parent Night, Information below.
- November 11: No School, Veterans Day
- November 12-13: No School, Staff Work Day/Grading
- November 24-25: No School, Parent Conference, Details to come
- November 26-27: No School, Thanksgiving Holiday.
Mobile Library: Be sure to take advantage of the RRMS Mobile Library. Every Wednesday from Noon-1:00pm and 2:30-4:30pm, students can check out library books at the front of the school. You can put a book on hold at https://tinyurl.com/RRMSonlinelib or just pick one up curbside. Questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
African American Parent Affinity Group: African American parents are invited to participate in our RRMS affinity group on Thursday, November 5th at 6:30pm. We will be discussing how issues of racial injustice affect our students and ways the school can help. The link to this meeting will be emailed directly to families.
- We are excited to start virtual small groups for students- the topic will be stress management and how to stay positive with everything going on. If you would like your child to participate please fill out the form below: Small Group Sign Up
- This week for Social Emotional Learning our students will be talking about what barriers can get in the way of goals and how to deal with them. They will problem solve with their advisory group about how to break through when it gets hard.
- The Family Dare for this week involves a small act of kindness
David Douglas School District Family Information Sessions:
The David Douglas School District ESL & Equity Team wants to invite our Latinx and African Somali Parents to our first virtual meeting to discuss topics about academics and supporting students and families during Comprehensive Distance Learning.
African Somali Parents
Wednesday, October 28th at 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Where: Link https://meet.google.com/cdv-gwzx-oxa
To join via phone call, dial +1 347-507-7791 and type PIN number: 196 084 872#
If you have further questions, please contact our Somali Liaison, Maryan Abidyo at (503) 256-6500 extension #8224
Middle School Latino/Latinx Parents
Wednesday, October 28th at 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
To join via phone call, dial +1 402-744-0347 and type PIN number 854 514 958#
If you have further questions, please contact our Secondary Spanish Liaison, Patty Diaz at (503) 256-6500 extension #5135